We are looking for talented people to come work with us, continue to grow our company and help take Fuse Insurance to the next level. If this sounds like you, please apply to one of our job openings below. We look forward to hearing from you!
About Fuse Insurance Ltd.:
Fuse Insurance is an online commercial insurance brokerage headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. Over the last 5 years, Fuse Insurance has been developing industry-leading insurance software while also maintaining our status as one of the top small brokerages in Canada. Fuse combines the use of advanced technology with exceptional client service in order to offer our clients unmatched support. Apart from using technology to overhaul the process, Fuse is paving the way for providing commercial insurance in emerging industries and specialty markets including cannabis, e-commerce and advanced manufacturing.
The Commercial Account Executive role is a unique position designed to support Fuse Insurance’s sales team as well as our transformation into a fully digitized commercial insurance brokerage. The successful candidate will be responsible for learning Fuse’s processes for commercial insurance handling, including document processing and generation, account follow-ups, sales cycle management and other day-to-day insurance brokerage activities. The student will gain technology and software skills on a variety of platforms including process management software, sales software and new business software.
- In addition, the student will work alongside our insurance sales team on a variety of tasks, including:
• New business outreach
• Outbound sales campaign creation and management
• Facilitating background processes for new and current clients
• Document creation including Certificates of Insurance, proposals and schedules
• Client management over email, phone and in person
• Learning and simplifying insurance terms for clients
• Attending insurance networking events
As Fuse is a small company, the candidate may also be asked to help with other business management tasks including analytics, accounting, sales and customer relations and any other departments as required.
Who you are:
- • Currently a student working towards a post-secondary degree in Business, Entrepreneurship, Risk Management & Insurance, or another related field of study (Completion of 2nd year or more preferred)
• Comfortable using Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Comfortable using Google Workspace (G Suite) applications including Gmail, Google Meet, Google Drive and Google Calendar
• Comfortable working on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work well independently and collaboratively in team settings
• Must be highly motivated and excited to learn new skills
• Experience in the insurance industry would be considered a major asset, but is not necessary
Please send us an email at email@example.com and include the following in your application:
– Your resume, outlining your relevant schooling and/or work experience
– A cover letter summarizing your relevant experience and skills, and why you are the best fit for this role
Our office is located in downtown Calgary. This position follows a hybrid work structure. Your week will be split between remote work and working out of our office. Please ensure you have access to a quiet space with a computer and good internet connection. You should also have access to transportation to be able to come into our office as needed.
What you can expect from us:
As a growing start-up, we give our team the opportunity to create a lasting impact everyday. You will be given the independence to take the lead and own your projects, while still being fully supported by our team. We strive to create a fun, positive work atmosphere and regularly take part in company events including team lunches, sporting events, and more.
PLEASE NOTE: This position may be supported in part by a grant, to be eligible, you must:
• Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have refugee status
• Not be an international student
• Be currently enrolled in a program at an accredited post-secondary institution
Salary rate: Hourly rate, TBD based on experience
Hours of work: Full Time – 35 hrs/week OR Part Time 15 hrs/week
Start date: Late Spring 2023
End date: Flexible, internships are typically a minimum of 3 months