We are looking for talented people to come work with us, continue to grow our company and help take Fuse Insurance to the next level. If this sounds like you, please apply to one of our job openings below. We look forward to hearing from you!
About Fuse Insurance Ltd.:
Fuse Insurance is an online commercial insurance brokerage and software start-up company headquartered in Calgary, Alberta. Over the last 3 years, Fuse Insurance has been developing industry-leading insurance software while also maintaining our status as one of the top small brokerages in Canada. Fuse combines the use of advanced technology with exceptional client service in order to offer our clients unmatched support. Apart from using technology to overhaul the process, Fuse is paving the way for providing commercial insurance in emerging industries and specialty markets including cannabis, e-commerce and advanced manufacturing.
About Calefy Inc.:
Calefy was created in January 2020 as a spinoff corporation after Fuse Insurance saw success in the development of insurance software. Calefy is a fully-optimized, client-facing software solution that allows brokers, MGA’s and insurers to quote commercial insurance directly from their website. Calefy digitizes data at the point of entry, so leads are seamlessly transformed into fully completed insurance applications. We strive to take away the most tedious 20% of broker’s jobs and with it make the overall process more efficient.
Description: The Marketing and Sales Assistant role is the perfect opportunity to get hands-on marketing and sales experience in a number of different areas. We are looking for someone who is passionate and itching to learn more about the full scope of business tools to help build our brand and attract a larger audience. You will be immersed in the day-to-day activities of an exciting start-up company. You will have the opportunity to design, write and edit digital content for use in a variety of client-facing channels.
This role reports to the President, Chief Technology Officer and Marketing Manager.
The successful candidate must be a current post-secondary student that will be returning to school in Fall 2021 at the completion of the internship term.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist in the development and management of Fuse Insurance’s social media presence (in particular: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram) including:
- Drafting content for social media posts
- Daily monitoring of social media platforms
- Assist in collecting social media, website and SEO metrics on a weekly, monthly and quarterly calendar
- Assist in writing and improving content for blog posts on Fuse Insurance’s website
- Assist in developing monthly email newsletter content
- Assist in developing and editing website content such as landing pages and press releases
- Assist in conducting SEO research including on-page, technical SEO and keyword research
- Assist in brand management and ensuring all content adheres to brand guidelines
- Additional marketing and communications support for ongoing campaigns and projects
- Assist in gathering data and building prospect lists
- Assist in the development and execution of sales campaigns
- Assist in the development of sales collateral and materials including sales scripts, sales sheets, and presentations
- Assist in conducting secondary research to understand current market trends and competitive environment
- Provide support to the sales team as necessary
- Provide support to the management team as necessary
Who you are:
- Currently a student working towards a post secondary degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Entrepreneurship, Media, or another related field of study
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office software programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Comfortable using Google Workspace (G Suite) applications including Gmail, Google Meet, Google Drive and Google Calendar
- Professional content writing and editing for social media, blog posts, and/or website material preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable working on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to work well independently and in team settings
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be creative and open-minded
- Must be highly motivated and excited to learn
- Basic understanding of digital marketing
- Basic understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Experience that would be considered an asset:
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Experience in graphic design
- Experience using Google Ads
- Experience using Google Analytics
- Experience using WordPress or Webflow
- Experience in motion graphics
- Experience in photography or videography
- Experience in UX design or front-end web development
Apply on the University of Calgary Haskayne CareerLink Portal or email us at email@example.com. Please include BOTH of the following in your application:
- Your resume, outlining your relevant schooling and/or work experience
- A cover letter summarizing your relevant experience and skills, and why you are the best fit for this role
This position requires you to work remotely. There may be occasional in-person meetings dependent on current COVID-19 regulations.
PLEASE NOTE: This position may be supported in part by a grant, to be eligible, you must:
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have refugee status
- Not be an international student
- Be enrolled in a program at an accredited post-secondary institution
Salary rate: TBD based on experience
Hours of work: Full Time – 35 hours a week