Roofing season is upon us, have you looked over what your insurance policy covers? Companies are being increasingly cautious with what contractors they partner with, so it is in your best interest to be aware of what your commercial or residential roofing insurance program contains. Roofers face a number of risks on the job every day, including project error, injury, falling off the roof, or falling objects. Ensuring you take the greatest care and perform your work to the highest standards will reduce your risk of claims.
Commercial General Liability (CGL) is essential for any roofing business. It helps to protect you and your company’s assets and covers bodily injury, property damage, and legal fees.
Other coverage to consider:
- Commercial Auto: If you use a personal vehicle to drive to and from work sites or have vehicles that belong to your business, you will need to commercial auto coverage.
- Commercial Property: Do you have a building or storage unit where you keep your materials? Then you need commercial property insurance to provide protection for the building and the items inside.
- Course of Construction: This coverage protects your business from losses that occur while your project is in the process of being completed.
- Contractor’s Equipment: Do you travel with your equipment between job sites? Equipment loss or damage can slow down project timelines. Contractor’s Equipment will protect your roofing materials while in transit or storage.
- Workers Compensation: Any time one of your employees are injured on the job, your business could be subjected to a workers’ compensation claim. This insurance will provide coverage to all of your employees.
Finding the right insurance for your roofing company is critical in protecting your business, your equipment, and your liability. We work with commercial and industrial roofing businesses that specialize in hot work, flat, torch-on, metal, shingles, gutters, repairs and more. Contact Fuse Insurance today to go over what you’re covered for and to determine what roofing insurance options are available to protect your business.